Sunday, May 9, 2010

What does it mean to be a mom?

Today was my 5th Mother's Day as Grace's mom...five years! In the five years I have enjoyed celebrating Mother's Day, I have also learned that being a mom is the best and most difficult job in the world! So, I have composed a poem for all the moms out there, including my own wonderful mother, without whom I would be completely lost! My mom has always been my rock and source of wisdom, and I tell God everyday that I cannot imagine my life without her and that He cannot take her for a very, very long time...I am thinking like, another 50 years or so.

Here we go... M is for the many, many nights of sleep moms lose to crying and hungry babies to sick children to staying up worrying when those children start dating and driving...O is for observe, because God has entrusted us to watch over and protect these small angels He sends us, so you better believe they never leave our sight or minds... T is for the time we moms spend in planning and praying for our babies, the time we spend teaching them things and caring for them, and the way we marvel at how rapidly the time passes as those babies grow... H is for hugs and kisses, the ones we give for boo boos and goodbyes, and the wonderfully sloppy and sweet ones we get in return... E is for extra, when we moms need an extra pair of hands, extra pair of eyes, extra body to be in two places at once, and extra patience when we've had a long day... R is for righteous and responsible, because as moms, it is our job to not only teach our children life skills and independence, but to teach them to look UP when they need help, and that God will always love them and be there, just like we will.









Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Well stated!!! Beautiful - I'm crying as I type! I love you girl and am blessed to have such a wonderful fellow "mother" in my life!

    ReplyDelete