Thursday, May 6, 2010

Wedding Plans

You never really know just how much work goes in to planning a wedding until you have to plan one for yourself. Especially if you only have six weeks to do it! Our wedding, due to family conflicts and requests, was moved from September 4 to May 16. What made it super fun was that it didn't get changed until the end of March (That's where the six week part comes in!) and it downsized to only DJ, Grace and I, leaving me no bridesmaids to help plan! Luckily, I have some great friends who pitched in where they could, and several people helped me find vendors and such at the last minute. To those people and friends, I will be eternally grateful!

So, the first thing we did was obtain a marriage license at the courthouse :)





The next thing was to register at Target for a few new household things. And yes, if you visit our registry, you will actually see that DJ registered us for a HUGE new TV. That was the first thing he did when he got the scanner in his hand! I just shook my head and laughed, but it made him happy to just scan it.







Then it was off to the jewelry to pick out my wedding band. My engagement ring was DJ's great grandmother's, and the style is quite unique so we had to do some searching to find a band that actually fit with the ring. We ended up choosing a diamond wrap, which is a band that the engagement ring will sit down in to. It's lovely and I can't wait to wear it!





Gina ordered us a beautiful wedding gift a little early...a lovely cake serving set and champagne flutes engraved with our names and wedding date on them. I love both items and cannot wait to use them. This was such a thoughtful gift!









I can promise you one thing...when this wedding is over, I will be one very happy and very relieved girl! See y'all on the 16!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry that everything had to end up being rushed and probably not as perfect as you would have liked. In the end though, the most important thing will be the same - being married to a man who treats you the way that you should be treated and visa versa! I can't wait for the big day and I'm so thankful that we will be there!

    ReplyDelete