Thursday, September 2, 2010

Can I Slow This Ride Down?

Have you ever had one of those moments when you look at your child and SEE them? I mean, not see them as in you didn't know what they were wearing, or anything mundane like that...but rather, look at them and see your future?

I had one of those very moments this afternoon.

Grace, DJ, and I have been discussing for weeks the idea that she get a haircut. Her hair grows quickly, so any change we make is not going to be life altering. She has been in so many weddings this year (the one in October will be her FOURTH), that we have had to keep her hair longer. Finally, wedding or no wedding, we decided that it was time!

So, I called the salon that I use, and she fit us right in (because Jamie is awesome like that, and probably also because I teach at the school her son attends). Grace behaved beautifully, shockingly well as a matter of fact, and was charming as Jamie snipped and snipped. And snipped and snipped. And yes, she continued snipping until Grace had two lovely layers framing her equally lovely face.

And when Jamie spun the chair around, and I saw Grace full on with that very grown up hairstyle, I could do nothing but smile at her beauty and her obvious delight with her new "bouncy" hair. But internally, I sighed deeply with the realization that not only is my baby growing up, but I am probably going to have to hide the bodies of a few teenage boys once she turns sixteen.

















1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love the haircut! Beautiful pictures! She is precious, Teri! God is good!

    ReplyDelete