Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas Blessings

I have so many things to be thankful for this Christmas. My life has been so blessed this year. Getting engaged to a wonderful, Christian man, enjoying the opportunity to get closer to his family, watching my sweet angel grow and thrive, landing a dream teaching job, being a part of my family and friends' lives, including new births and engagements...God is so good!

This year, we spent Christmas Eve with my parents. We had Christmas dinner early, then enjoyed a candlelit Christmas service at our church. We took communion, and it was Grace's first time seeing it done. She was upset that she couldn't have any juice and "crackers" of her own! She really enjoyed the music and we enjoyed our time together as a family. After the service, we went back to my parent's house to exchange gifts and celebrate Christmas together!












Next, we came home to get ready for Santa. We had baked Christmas cupcakes earlier, and left some out for him, along with some milk.



The next morning, we woke up to see what Santa had left for us. Grace must have been very good this year, because Santa left her so many new toys, including a princess bike! I love the picture of her peeking around the stairs that morning!










This is our gingerbread house. DJ and Grace made it, and I have to say that it is quite possibly the ugliest gingerbread house in the history of the world. And I say that with all the love in my heart...




Grace loved riding her new bike, but we definitely need some practice! DJ tried giving her some tips, but I have a feeling we will be working on it a lot more this spring.






Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment