Sunday, November 29, 2009

Santa Baby and Christmas Tree Time

This weekend was filled with Christmas festivities for our family. First, we put up Grace's little Christmas tree in her bedroom. She enjoyed decorating it herself, and wouldn't let me help more than just handing her the ornaments! She has already rearranged it several times. I did the same thing when I was young, so I just smile and watch her creativity blossom.






Next, we went to the mall and saw Santa. Grace was a little anxious at first, but quickly warmed up and informed Santa that she wanted a bicycle for Christmas this year. Santa listened to her patiently, and I am not sure what he said to her, but she listened to him with rapt attention! She even willingly smiled for the camera.



Finally, we put up our family Christmas tree. Grace put on ornaments, and Deej and I came behind her and spaced them out a bit, to fill the tree. She has fussed with the tree several times, trying to rearrange it, but after I administered the maternal mean look, she has given up and is content to simply observe the tree. At least that is what she does when I am in the room!



1 comment: